WHAT IS NABL
- NABL stands for National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Accreditation to a laboratory is given on the basis of its capability to perform tests and provide accurate and reliable results.
- The Government of India has authorized NABL as the sole accreditation body for testing and calibration laboratories.
WHY CHOOSE AN NABL ACCREDITATED LAB.
- NABL follows ISO 15189:2007, specific ISO followed worldwide for medical laboratories and accredits the laboratories that have aligned their Quality Management System with this international standard.
- Quality Management System means the entire lab work flow including sample collection, transport, processing, reporting, etc. are followed as per the laid down standards.
- Quality control is given utmost importance – internal quality controls are run everyday before running patient samples. Also, the laboratory participates in External Quality Assurance in which the laboratory is evaluated by CMC Vellore, AIIMS and other such premier labs.
- For people, patients and doctors, a lab with NABL accreditation means it is follows international standards and continuously strives to provide quality services.
- NABL accreditation provides a ready means for patients to find reliable testing services.
- It enhances patient and doctor confidence in reports issued by accredited laboratories and eliminates the need of re-testing, thus saving time and money.
- Insurance agencies and other third parties find NABL an objective and transparent way to assess the quality standards practiced in the laboratory. This has further validated the use of NABL as a world class standard for Indian laboratories.
- If a lab has NABL accreditation, it means it is among the best, not just in the country, but in the world.