We have pioneered the use of bone densitometry in Mumbai, being the first facility with bone densitometry in Western India. This is an X-ray based method of measuring the bone density of the spine, hip and distal radius for the evaluation of osteoporosis.
Important things to Know
- Machine : Prodigy from GE-Lunar
- Preparation/Instruction : If the patient is on Calcium medicines, should stop it 24 hours before the scan.
- Appointment : Not required
- Time taken : 10 minutes
- Report Given : Same day if the study is done before 12noon, otherwise the next day
- Primary Expert Radiologist : Dr. G. R. Jankharia, Dr. Bhavin Jankharia.