The clinical microbiology laboratory is an integral part of managing patients with various infectious diseases.
The microbiology laboratory at Picture This By Jankharia provides a wide range of Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, Mycobacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology services. State of the art automated equipment such as BacT/ALERT and Vitek2-Compact are used for aerobic blood cultures, fungal cultures, tuberculosis and molecular diagnostics.
Our staff is well trained to work independently ensuring smooth functioning of the department.
We take pride in following a rigorous quality control protocol.
The services provided are:
- Smear, Culture and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing for aerobic bacteria of all specimens withVitek2-Compact.
- Smear and Culture for anaerobic bacteria of all specimens.
- Hanging drop preparation of stool specimens for cholera.
- Phenotypic detection of drug resistance especially MRSA, VRE, Inducible Clindamycin Resistance, ESBL, MBL and Amp C.
- HIV Antigen & antibody detection as per CDC guidelines with help of Immunoanalyzer CENTAUR XP uses the principle of chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA).
- HBsAg and HCV detection with help of Immunoanalyzer CENTAUR XP uses the principle of chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA).
- HIV viral load with PCR technique (GeneXpert)
- HCV viral Load with PCR technique (GeneXpert)
- Rapid CD4/CD8 count estimation.
- ELISA for TORCH parameters.
- A New Tool to Diagnose Tuberculosis: The Xpert MTB/RIF Assay contribute to the rapid diagnosis of TB disease and drug resistance in less than 2 hours. Xpert MTB/RIF Assay is fully automated nucleic acid amplification (NAA) test which uses a disposable cartridge with the GeneXpert Instrument System.
- Advantage: “ If we have inoculated an Xpert MTB/RIF test at the same time we started preparing our acid fast smears, by the time we finished reading the smears, the Xpert MTB/RIF test result were ready, telling our positive acid fast smear was TB and if the strain was resistant to rifampicin, which is an excellent surrogate marker for MDR-TB. So, it’s all about time that how swiftly we get result and patients starts on treatment.”
- Smear and Culture for Mycobacterium tuberculosis (pulmonary and extra pulmonary) and a typical mycobacteria.
- Rapid mycobacterial culture system – MGIT.
- TB MGIT DSTs,
- Molecular test for TB DSTs.
Our Microbiology department is fully equipped to perform Fungal Smears and culture.Identification of fungus is done by various means like KOH mount, LPCB mount, Nigrosin, Gram smears, and fungal culture.We also perform gram staining and culture of all fluids including blood.
Identification and susceptibility of yeast is done on fully automated equipment like BacT/ALERT & Vitek 2- Compact respectively.
For Mould we do slide culture and LPCB mount for identification.
Most important feature is we will be doing sampling for samples like Nail, Hair, Skin scrapping etc. to rule out per-analytical error and to give you the best services as far as most accurate and precise report is concern.
- Microscopic detection of parasites from stool, liver abscess pus etc.
- Detection of Malarial parasite and microfilaria from peripheral smears of blood.
- Detection of LD bodies from blood and bone marrow.
- Special staining techniques AFB for Cryptosporidium, Isospora, Microsporidia and Cyclospora.
- VDRL (RPR)
- Rapid Dengue IgG/IgM.
- Rapid Leptospira antibody.
- Rapid Malaria antigen detection.
- Rapid Dengue NS1 antigen.