PET (Position Emission Tomography) is a nuclear medicine technique for evaluating biomedical and physiological processes in the body. The combination with CT scan adds anatomic information.
Important things to Know
- Machine : Siemens HD PET
- Preparation : Fasting for 6 hours. Plain water can be drunk during the fasting period. For patients with appointments in the morning hours, overnight fasting is preferable. Please be on a low carbohydrate, low sugar, high protein diet for 24 hours prior. Please avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior to the scan. Please avoid milk, juices, soft drinks for 12 hours preferably. Please avoid vigorous exercise / strenuous activities for 24 hours prior. Please avoid tea, coffee, smoking and cold medicines (decongestants) on the day of the scan. Please avoid chewing gum in the morning of the test as well as mints.Please take your prescribed medicines in the morning if they can be taken with water and not with food. If the patient is diabetic, he/she may take a half morning dose of oral medicines, if required, at least four hours prior to the test. If he/she is on insulin, half dose of insulin may be taken in the morning, at least four hours prior to the test. If the regular blood sugar level is more than 200 mg%, then PET/CT scan may be rescheduled.If the patient is currently on intravenous (IV) fluids, then please take care to avoid IV glucose infusion for four to six hours before the test.Please bring along all relevant medical papers / reports (including CT scan / MRI / PETCT films / CD’s).Please do not wear clothing or jewellery that contains metal. All metal must be removed prior to the scan.
- Appointment: Required
- Time taken: 3-4 Hours
- Whole Body PET/CT Rs.23,000/-
- Brain PET/CT Rs.18,000/-
- PSMA PET/CT Rs.25,000/-
- Delivery of Report: Same day if the study is done before 12 noon, otherwise the next day.
- Primary Expert Radiologists & Nuclear Physician: Dr. Bhavin Jankharia, Dr. Vaishali Nimbkar, Dr. Nusrat Shaikh.
- Expert Reporting : In case you have a scan done elsewhere, we would be happy to read and report the scan for you. For more information, please see Second Opinion, or call 022-6617333 or email email@example.com.
- Inner Spaces :